1/1/09

Fresh

That's what I remember as a kid on Oakland, California.  Comin' up, when we walked to school, everybody remembers that kid who never shuddup.  He or she was constantly running off at the mouth.  It was probably all about the dreams and aspirations that kid had, but it was jus the way it came out that made you pay no mind to him or her.  Well, I think between the "hecka fresh" ramblings that kid was making, there was some meaning about what was going on.  The kid was laying out the future for self.  I decided to throw this down and make it all about that.  So now that its 2009 and the time is "hella fresh", there's plenty to put down and go in with.  I am hyped like Mike Tyson at the peak of his career when he would come to the ring with the hole in the towl over his head while "Time 4 Sum Akshun" by Redman was bumpin' the speakers through the coliseum speakers.  
Like Mike, we have all seen our fall from grace.  Our picking ourselves up is what creats the new era in our lives.  Sometimes that era is short before transition to the new, but often its the changes that make us define who we are as people.  These things I went through last year made me decide to put this blog together and just decide to ride with what I've always done in a way, shape or form in my life...heavy self examination through the words I express.  
So it's a long time since I was a kid, in a new city now and much older with much more at stake. Some of the decisions weren't always the right ones, but now I can put a plan in order and just do me.  Or at least I think this is a plan.  For now, it's pretty much a tabs on what it is I spend the time on the internet doing...which I'd like to be constructive.  New year, new goals...and if things work out for what I have planned, it will be a bit like sharing with you some things you will find useful down your own road, your own journey, with your own blueprints.  Aight?
Chill, spill a drink to a glass and kick up your feet while I share with you What A Brotha Know...

...and btw, Happy 2009!  

0 comments:




Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by Used Car Pictures. Powered by Blogger