1/5/09

With The Sickness or "The Vinegar Incident"

Wow, I think I know how Jimi Hendrix must've felt when he exited this world.  No, I wasn't on any heroin, but I did throw up.  I had one of my regular bouts with heartburn and through my own experimentation, I have found that warm water with a bit of vinegar helps sooth the acid indigestion.  Well, I also learned that isn't the best cocktail after having drank awamori distilled rice alcohol and chocolate.  I was sitting down playing Street Fighter 3 and sipping the water with vinegar when suddenly I felt a strong acidic burst in my chest.  I thought I could feel it in my nostrils too and then I just stood up.  I was on auto pilot, jumping up and down and just throwing up, fighting to breathe.  The stuff was gushing...I couldn't believe how much I was barfing.  It was coincidentally right after watching that Family Guy episode where Peter, Brian, Stewie and Chris all drink some kind of concoction and see who can go the longest without hurling.  No more, indeed...

...well, this behavior prompted my girlfriend to think something major was going on with me.  I will admit, I have been fighting this heartburn bout for almost a month and nary a day can pass without me feeling like I swallowed wasabi.  I had a headache from, my guess is, lack of oxygen and barfing so hard, so I got in the shower, my girlfriend made me bundle up and I got in the bed. she drove to the CVS and got me some Mylanta and made the most exquisite Chicken soup for me along with some Japanese porridge made from rice with umeboshi (Japanese pickled plum). Wow, talked about being pampered.  I napped from about 10pm till around 3am and here I am feeling bad because my good friend Yohei is returning to Japan tomorrow...for good.  We were gonna meet for coffee before the vinegar incident.  He called while I was laid up and said he would see me in Japan, but would text me tomorrow morning, probably from the airport. 
I feel bad...but I feel better.  It's morning time and I will wake up in the morning and go to some interviews and treat this as a minor health infraction.  My right mind is telling me to start The Master Cleanse, though...I will definitely be keeping tabs through this blog with the progress on that.  Maybe Jimi could have benefitted from it once in awhile, with all the rumored toxins he kept in his body which seeped through that headband...

0 comments:




Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Supported by Used Car Pictures. Powered by Blogger